Special Education Law Symposium
SAVE THE DATE!
June 18-23, 2017
REGISTRATION BEGINS JANUARY 2017!
The symposium will take place on the campus of Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pa. The campus is located approximately 8 miles from the Lehigh Valley International Airport, 65 miles from Philadelphia International Airport, and 75 miles from Newark International Airport in New Jersey.
- Experience a brand new set of topics and faculty for the advanced track (Advanced Topic Descriptors). See the 2016 schedule for topics and presenters.
- Interact with expert presenters, which include a balance of school district and parent perspectives and a blend of prior and new faculty (see faculty listing), including the following prominent attorneys from several states: Maria Blaeuer (Maryland), Kirstin Hansen (Washington, DC), Elisa Hyman (New York City), Bernadette Laughlin (Ohio), Isabel Machado (New Jersey), Deborah Mattison (Alabama), Edward Sarzynski (New York), Michael Stafford (Delaware), Mark Ward (Kansas), Patricia Williams (Wisconsin), Jonathan Zimring (Georgia), and Pennsylvania attorneys William Culleton, Lawrence Dodds, Andrew Faust, Dennis McAndrews, Maura McInerney, Brooke Say, Gabrielle Sereni, Kristen Weidus, and Dr. Perry Zirkel.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest significant cases under the IDEA and Section 504, including a National Case Law Update by Dr. Perry Zirkel.
- If you are an investigator with or other individual interested in the state complaint resolution process (CRP), take advantage of a special two-day rate for Thursday and Friday, which will include sessions relevant to CRP.
- Choose between basic or advanced tracks depending upon the level of your experience and expertise.
- Interact with a broad-based mix of special education directors, special or regular education teachers, school psychologists, administrators, parent representatives, and attorneys from several jurisdictions.
- Exercise your choice too between graduate credits or solely professional development and between full-week and single-day options.
- Take home a comprehensive electronic manual on a flash drive with the latest legislation, regulations, and detailed case law outlines.
- The symposium begins with a dinner and a keynote presentation by Ruth Ryder, Acting Director, Office of Special Education and Rehabilition Services (OSERS), U.S. Department of Education.
Save the date: 44th Annual Special Education Law Conference May 13, 2016