Research assistantships (RAs), graduate assistantships (GAs), fellowships, and scholarships are academic awards offered by the University, academic departments, and by the Dean’s Office. Loans and work study employment are distributed by the Office of Financial Aid and are awarded through the Financial Aid Office beginning with applicant completion of a Lehigh University Graduate Student Financial Aid application.
- Tuition scholarship (tuition credits only)
- Graduate assistant (GA) (tuition credits plus stipend)
- Full-time (20 hours/week & 9 credits/semester)*
- Part-time (10 hours/week & 3-4 credits/semester)*
- Grant opportunities
- Research assistant (RA) (tuition credits plus stipend)
- Personnel preparation/training grants
Assistance for master's students:
- Full-time work opportunities (with part-time tuition credits) at Centennial School, an approved private school and outreach consultation program, for students who have intense emotional and behavioral needs. Graduate students are typically employed as full-time teachers, although other part-time experiences are sometimes available (e.g., job coaches). Full or part-time salary plus tuition. Contact: Dr. Michael George, (610) 266-6500.
- The Thomas/Brucker Endowed Minority Doctoral Scholarship
- The Villas & Woodring Master's Scholarship
- The Lewis R. Shupe III Endowed Doctoral Assistantship
- Multicultural Resource Center Graduate Assistantship
- Dean's Graduate Assistantship
- Associate Dean's Graduate Assistantship
- Department Chair's Graduate Assistantship
- Associate Chair's Graduate Assistantship
*Graduate assistants (GA) typically work ten hours/week and receive a $7,000 stipend over the course of 9 months. These assistantships can sometimes be enhance to a total of 20 hours/week. Our full-time students typically take 9 credits/semester and cannot take more than 10 credits/semester.